Welcome to Washington and to the Medical Commission, the state medical board of Washington! Our goal is to license you as accurately and quickly as possible.
In Washington, you have four application options:
- Expedited licensure through the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact Commission (IMLCC)
- Uniform Application through the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB)
- Washington State Physician (MD) online application - for Washington State licenses only.
You can view all options and forms on this webpage
Best Practices for Quick Licensure
- To avoid delays, submit all application information and forms at one time with payment;
- Complete the FBI fingerprints as soon as possible to expedite review of your application, as this is the longest part of the application process;
- Email your licensing representative if you have any questions.
Process for Non-expedited licensure:
- A Commission licensing representative will contact you with a status update via email within 30 days of receiving the complete application and fee;
- After receiving the application and fee, will mail you the FBI fingerprint packet, which you must complete at your local law enforcement office.
- Once all documents are received and background checks are cleared, our staff will review the completed application and issue your license. This review and approval of a complete application takes less than fourteen (14) days for 99 percent of our applicants.
- We will email you when the license is issued but you may check your status at any time on the Provider Credential Search site:
The majority of our applications take 8 to 14 weeks to complete the licensing process, but this can be reduced by following the best practices and regularly communicating with your licensing representative. If you have any other questions please contact us via email: email@example.com or at 360-236-2750 option #1.